Popular Chinese Takeaway Meal
One of the most popular dishes on the Chinese takeaway menu, you can now use this crispy chilli beef recipe in Retford! It’s the crispy, juicy steak, paired with the zing and spice of peppers and ginger which make this dish so tasty.
Here are the ingredients that you will need…
Crispy Chilli Beef Recipe:
- 350g of thin-cut minute steak. Sliced into very thin strips.
- 3 tablespoons of cornflour.
- 2 teaspoons of Chinese five-spice powder.
- 100ml of vegetable oil.
- 1 thinly sliced red pepper.
- 1 thinly sliced red chilli.
- 4 sliced spring onions with green parts separated.
- 2 crushed garlic cloves.
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, cut into matchsticks.
- 4 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- 2 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce.
- 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup.
- Cooked noodles (optional).
- Prawn crackers (optional).
1.) Add the beef to a bowl and toss in with the five-spice and corn flour.
2.) Heat the oil in a wok until very hot and then add the beef and fry until it is a golden brown and is crispy.
3.) After, scoop the beef out of the wok and dry it on a couple of sheets of kitchen roll. Pour away all but one tablespoon of the oil.
4.) Now, with the wok still hot with the oil, add half the chilli, the white ends of the spring onion, the garlic and the ginger to the wok.
5.) Stir-fry well for 3 minutes to soften the mix, making sure that the ginger does not burn.
6.) Now place the vinegar, the ketchup, soy sauce and chilli sauce into a jug and stir with 2 tablespoons of water before pouring the contents over the veg.
7.) Let the mix bubble for 2 minutes before placing the beef back into the mix and toss the pan well to coat the meat.
8.) Scatter the remaining pieces of spring onion and chilli over the completed mix. Put prawn cracker, noodles, or both on the side if you wish. Serve and enjoy.